Spring boot 2.0 features unveiled by the spring.io team. This announcement was the first ever major revision on Spring Boot since 1.0 was released almost 4 years ago. It’s also the first GA version of Spring Boot that provides support for Spring Framework 5.0.
Spring boot 2.0 upgrades:
Spring Boot 2.0 builds on and requires Spring Framework 5. They also upgraded to the latest stable releases of other third-party jars wherever possible. Some notable dependency upgrades in this release include:
· Tomcat 8.5
· Flyway 5
· Hibernate 5.2
· Thymeleaf 3
Spring boot 2 new features list
· A Java 8 baseline, and Java 9 support.
· Reactive web programming support with Spring WebFlux/WebFlux.fn.
· Auto-configuration and starter POMs for reactive Spring Data Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase and Redis.
· Support for embedded Netty.
· Kotlin support.
• A brand new actuator architecture, with support for Spring MVC, WebFlux and Jersey.
• Micrometer based metrics with exporters for Atlas, Datadog, Ganglia, Graphite, Influx, JMX, New Relic, Prometheus, SignalFx, StatsD, and Wavefront.
· Quartz scheduler support.
· Greatly simplified security auto-configuration.