Angular 5 new features released on Nov 1, 2017. This is a major release containing new features and bugfixes.
This release continues our focus on making Angular smaller, faster, and easier to use.
· Angular 5 new features
· Build Optimizer
· Angular Universal State Transfer API and DOM Support
· Compiler Improvements
· Improved Decorator Support
· Internationalized Number, Date, and Currency Pipes
· Replace the ReflectiveInjector with StaticInjector
· Zone speed improvements
· HttpClient replaces @angular/http library to @angular/common
· CLI v1.5 support
· Angular Forms adds updateOn Blur / Submit
· Template Driven Forms
· RxJS 5.5 New Router Lifecycle Events
Angular 5.1 New features
This is a minor release containing several smaller features and bugfixes. Angular also releasing v1.6 of the Angular CLI, and the first stable release of Angular Material.
· Angular Material & CDK Stable Release
· Service Worker support in the CLI
· Improved Universal & AppShell Support in the CLI
· Improved decorator error messages
· TypeScript 2.5 support
Angular 5.2 New features
Angular version 5.2.0 has been released. This is a minor release that is a drop-in replacement for 5.1 containing many bugfixes.
· Improved type checking for templates
· Support for TypeScript 2.6
· Improved Router Param & Data Inheritance